Saturday, September 3, 2011

Welcome!

After many years of blogging about my professional life, I find that also need a space for my growing interest in integrating basic forms of data visualization into classrooms and schools. While the title of this blog refers to Excel, this space will grow beyond those boundaries. I picked "Excel for Educators," because this piece of software can be found in most schools and is---in my opinion---greatly underused. At a time when data discussions are becoming the heart of many conversations among professional educators, we need to increase our data literacy. Excel is as good of a starting point as any. However, you can expect to see various Google tools here, references to data sets, lesson plans (for those of you interested in getting your students involved), and more.

So, welcome to a new space and conversation. Let's get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment